Doing the Most Good: The Salvation Army Promise in Action
DOING THE MOST GOOD: The Salvation Army Brand Promise in Action
This June 2017, Charity Charms, was invited to exhibit as an approved vendor at the Salvation Army Central Headquarters conference in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. We have worked with The Salvation Army since 2008 but have never attended a conference. I wanted to share how truly overwhelmed I was to learn, first hand, about the diverse reach of the Salvation Army. Ultimately, they aren’t just charity campaigns. Their brand promise “Doing the Most Good” truly prevails throughout their organization. In fact, everyone that works for them, walks the walk and truly has service in mind.
Although my company has worked with them for years, I really had no idea that they meet so many needs through such a multitude of programs.
Seven Ways The Salvation Army Helps Communities:
1) Curing hunger through The Mobile Food Pantry
2) Overcoming poverty and homelessness with Pathways to Hope (Read recent article from Chicago Tribune)
3) Social services to provide shelter, stop domestic violence & end human trafficking
4) Addiction recovery program supported through Family Stores
5) Brightening the holidays via The Red Box and Angel Tree programs
6) Empower children through Camps, the KROC centers, Girls Guards, and music programs
7) Disaster Relief and Veterans Services, of course!
With this in mind, there are so many services, no wonder it takes an Army!
Inspired by The Salvation Army Promise and Culture
It’s important to realize it is not just one of your typical charity campaigns. “Doing the Most Good” is an all-encompassing phrase that defines the strong brand of The Salvation Army. In short, even such a well-known organization has challenges keeping the public aware of all the services they offer. Moreover, it made me realize once again why we, at Charity Charms, do what we do. Finally, we created custom items from their shield and crest logo.
In brief, these products provide a meaningful way to reinforce their mission and spread awareness about all the services they provide. The custom logo products are a meaningful way to thank donors, volunteers, corporate partners and all the people that support their cause. When Salvation Army logo charms are worn and used, they remind the wearer of their deep connection to the cause. In addition, they provide a forum to help spread the word by sharing with other folks. Charity Charms is honored to support the Salvation Army as an approved vendor to help them spread the word about “Doing the Most Good”.
They Serve You, and We Serve Them
As a service to the Divisions of the Salvation Army, we created an internal website. Bulk orders of Salvation Army custom logo products can now be placed directly and easily. You can view the website HERE, but must be a member of the Salvation Army to login and view pricing. Altogether we created twelve items for them in addition to offering customization for specific charity campaigns and regions.
Important Resources for Your Charity Campaigns:
- Contact your local Salvation Army by going to this website: Salvation Army USA
- For information on how your organization can work with Charity Charms please contact us HERE
Bring awareness to your organization, business, or school with the Power of Charity Charms!