I. If You Are Located In the EU
A: What personal data do we collect?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you. Information such as your name, IP address, and email address. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways including:
- E-mail newsletter and blog subscription opt-in: Your name, email address, and industry type.
- Transactions: Your name, email address, billing information, and payment source.
- Inquiries: Your name, email address, and inquiry
B: What is the purpose of processing your personal data?
We collect the information above for the following purposes:
- Email newsletter and blog subscription opt-in: To provide you with the newsletter, information about Charity Charms, and deliver blog posts directly to your inbox.
- Transactions: To process purchases you make with Charity Charms
- Inquiries: To answer questions you may have for Charity Charms or to fulfill a request.
C: What legal basis do we have for collecting and processing your information?
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you as follows. NOTE: When consenting forms are involved, you can withdraw consent at any time by contacting Charity Charms via email to opt-out or by using the unsubscribe link in our emails.
- Email newsletter and blog subscription: We will ask for consent first.
- Transactions: We collect your information as part of a legal contractual transaction.
- Inquiries: We have an allowed, legitimate interest in providing a response to your inquiry. In order to do so, we need to use your data to provide a response. We will not use the data for other purposes.
D: Who has access to the data we collect?
We process and access the data we collect from you. However, we use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of recipients.
- Financial transaction processors (to process your payments)
- Customer service communication platform
- Contest and survey platform
- Email communication manager
- Marketing funnel providers
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
These third parties have signed a contract with us in which they are prohibited from utilizing, sharing, or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than we dictate.
F: How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for different periods of time depending on the reason it was gathered in the first place.
- Email newsletters and blog subscriptions: 36 months
- Transactions: 4 years for tax audit purposes
- Inquiries: 5 years
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has resolved.
G: Your right to ask for corrections, erasure, and export of your data
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, the following are your rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you currently with this policy
- The right to access: We will provide you with the data we store about you
- The right to rectification: Request to fix incorrect data about you
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: A request to restrict certain types of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Request to provide your personal data for export.
- The right to object: Objecting to how we use data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We do not profile you, but keep this right in mind with regards to other websites.
To exercise your rights please contact us here.
H: Your right to withdraw consent:
Although mentioned above, we want to emphasize that wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent. If you receive email messages from us, use the unsubscribe link in each message to withdraw and stop the mailings. Alternatively, you may contact us here with your request.
I: Do we transfer your data to other countries?
No. We are located in the United States. Your data is collected and held here.
J: Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints
You may contact Charity Charms here with your request or any questions you may have about your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not been resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority.
II. For Our Friends in California:
A: Do Not Track Signals
Pursuant to the California Onlne Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
B: California Eraser Law
If you are an individual under 18 and have provided personal information or content to us in some manner, you have the right to request the deletion of that information pursuant to the “California Eraser Law.” Contact us here to make such a request.
III. For All Our Valued Friends Regardless of Location
B: Legal Disclosures of Personal Information
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
C: DMCA Disclosures
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As a part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us.
D: Public Comments
You may leave comments on blog posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private. The information can be viewed by anyone online including family, friends, the media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
E: Third Party Websites
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
F: Sale of Business
Should we sell Charity Charms and this website, your personal information will become an asset transferred to the new owner.
1940 E. Camelback Rd, Phoenix
By appointment only.