20 Heartfelt Happenings from 2020
2020 was a year of challenge, and we all rose to it!
Like many the Charity Charms Team had to adjust to a new world and doing so we launched our Key to Strength cause marketing program to help local nonprofits. We aligned with Seeds for Autism to make our products and support their cause. We also launched the Power of Charms interview series to engage women nationwide with inspiring stories. But, with such a rollercoaster year, we may have all missed some inspiring stories. We are always moved by the amazing people who rise to the occasion whenever and wherever they see a need so with that in mind we want to share 20 Heartfelt Happenings from 2020 with you!
- A 13-year-old boy started a business selling dog treats to raise money to buy shoes for kids in need
- Make-A-Wish granted it’s 500,000th wish
- A teen from Texas won 3M’s Young Scientist competition developing a potential cure for COVID-19
- This Utah Brewery paid off an entire elementary school’s student lunch debt
- Jeff Bezo’s committed $10 billion in order to fight climate change
- A Veteran turned acres of land into a healing farm for other veterans adjusting to civilian life
- Guy Fieri raised $21.5 million for restaurant workers
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s Earth Alliance donating $3 million in aid to Australian Brushfire Relief while a U.K. girl raised $2,687 through her lemonade stand
- A girl in Honduras made an outfit entirely out of recyclable materials
- David Chang, a chef, became the first celebrity to win a million dollars on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. A prize he donated to the Southern Smoke Foundation aiding restaurant workers
- A D.C. restaurant received $300,000 in donations in order to help them keep providing meals to the homeless
- This Florida man paid 114 families’ overdue utility bills to prevent disconnections
- Texas Roadhouse’s CEO gave up his salary and bonus incentive to pay employees impacted by the pandemic
- Two Pennsylvania dads started a bake-off that ended in 15,000 donated cookies to essential workers
- A Pittsburgh hospital wrapped newborns in knit blankets to look like presents
- One man paid the bill of the car behind him at a Dairy Queen drive-thru resulting in a pay-it-forward train that spanned two whole days and 900 cars
- More than 2,250 endangered sea turtles hatched on a beach in Northern Mexico – typically only 500 hatch a year!
- A 12-year-old boy turned reclaimed wood from a storm into baseball bats – a portion of sales being donated to the Greater Cedar Rapids Foundation Disaster Relief Fund
- Helping students unable to see their families at Thanksgiving, a University of Iowa professor cooked and distributed Thanksgiving meals
- A restaurant in the South Bronx reimagined itself as a soup kitchen providing 650 meals a day to those in need
Create Your Custom Community Bracelets for Maximum Impact
Charity Charms are a beautiful addition to your marketing efforts. You choose the product, it’s design, and it’s packaging which makes it entirely unique to you. Your community will love having a token that makes them feel welcome, valued, and united with all of the hard work you do. When we come together, great things happen. Let us help you create the perfect symbolic gift for your supporters.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG